July 26, 2019|
Serving size – 3 or 4
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Aval is one of the favorite prasadams of Lord vinayaka. Aval is good for health too. I made aval payasam on the day of vinayagar chathurthi.
Aval – 1/2 cup (heaped)
Sugar – 4 1/2 tbs
Milk – 3 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder – a pinch
Cashews – 8 whole
Raisins – 6
Ghee – 4 or 5 tsp
- Heat a pan and roast aval for 2 or 3 minutes or until it becomes crisp than usual. Keep it aside to cool.
- Keep 2 tbs of aval seperately and grind the rest of the aval into powder.
- Add milk to the pan, then add both grinded aval powder and whole aval to the milk.
- Allow it to boil until the aval becomes soft.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and allow it boil until 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a small frying pan and add cahews. Fry until it turns brownish color.
- Add raisins to it and fry until they are cooked. Switch off the stove and add this fried cashews and raisins to the payasam.
- Aval payasam is ready now.